Katherine was admitted to practice in 2006 and called to the Bar in 2019.
Katherine’s areas of practice are public and commercial law. Within these areas, she accepts briefs in specialised fields including: administrative law; incorporated associations/clubs; contract; equity and trusts; migration and citizenship; professional liability and regulation; sports law; and workers’ compensation.
Recent cases in which Katherine has appeared as counsel include:
- BWO19 v Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs  FCAFC 181 (unled);
- AOQ16 v Minister for Immigration and Border Protection  FCA 103 (unled);
- Feeney v Secretary, Department of Communities and Justice  NSWCATAD 269 (led);
- ZMBZ v Minister for Home Affairs  FCAFC 195 (led);
- Tran v Minister for Immigration & Anor  FCCA 2859 (unled); and
- HME Services Pty Ltd v Ortado  NSWSC 1325 (led).
Katherine is an Executive Member of the Law Council of Australia’s Federal Litigation & Dispute Resolution Section.
In 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 Katherine was named as one of the AFR's best lawyers in Australia in the categories of Government Practice and Immigration Law.
Katherine is enthusiastic about giving practical and timely advice that addresses the needs of her clients and about maximising efficiency through the innovative use of information technology. She is also a passionate advocate for wellness and diversity at the Bar.